Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Potting Shed Round 3: The Reveal

Finally it is done!!  I am going to do
the "Reveal" in three posts.
 
The first will be the full view, second the
vignettes,  and third, my favorites in the shed.
 
Here we go......


 This is where any real potting gets done.
 


When you first walk in the door this is
what you see on the far wall.  Hopefully
it makes one eager to see more. 
 


Looking to the left is the work bench.  This is
also where I have most of my little pots,
and where I keep (out of sight) things that
are used in the yard. 
 


Above the work bench is the loft or, as I
like to call it, the basket area! 
 


The left side of the work bench. 
 


The right side of the work bench.  Here you
will find part of my collection of metal 
flower frogs. Back in the corner is a jar full. 
 


Looking to the left. The wall didn't change
too much because I have my collection of
pot hangers that I really like.  And my
valance of watering cans.  The furniture
did change. 
 


Looking to the left, and out the door.
I found the sweet little wicker desk and
chair earlier this year.  The bright green
chair used to be black.  I got the "put
glass in the window" from my mother. 
 


Looking to the left.  The picture of
Mt. St. Helen's before she blew up stayed
where it was.  The cabinet is new to me
(and has more pots).  The cute little
yellow cubby was one I tried to sell
but nobody wanted it.  (Perhaps I priced
it too high because I really wanted to
keep it) 
 


And this, as my husband teases me,
is a great place to curl up and read.
It faces the big window, but I also can look left and see out the door.  I am very happy with
how it turned out.  In the next post I will
show you some of the vignettes up close.

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Kathy said...

OH.MY.GOSH! Annette, this is just over-the-top adorable. You have been holding out on us. I had no idea you had the wonderful collections of pots and watering can and, oh my. I can't wait to see the close-up. Great post.

★Carol★ said...

Oh Annette, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your potting shed! You've got everything in there that I love, and you've got it displayed SO nicely. I feel that you should send in pictures to Country Gardens magazine, or some other gardening magazine, and I can't wait to see more!!!!

Sherri said...

Wow, so much cool and wonderful stuff...we clearly have similar, um, tastes/obsessions! I adore the yellow cubby and would probably have to keep it if I'd found it, too! It looks so so great.